At Knit, we believe that people are the key drivers of success. That’s why we put people first and help Canadian businesses do the same by weaving payroll, HR, and benefits, into one unified platform.
As our prospective Accounting Associate, you will be responsible for working with our team to onboard new clients onto the Knit platform, which includes our Managed services which includes Bookkeeping, Payroll, Human Resource, Time Management offerings. You will be joining an early stage startup and thrive in a client-facing role and are passionate about helping small businesses take better care of their people.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Partner with the sales team to ensure a smooth onboarding process for new clients onto Knit’s platform;
- Analyze client’s needs via web conference or at client site to determine the necessary set-up
- Create project plan for each client and ensure deadlines are met to ensure a successful implementation
- Assist client in scheduling all training as well as communicate training plan where required
- From bookkeeping on a monthly basis to managing relationships, you'll be owning the client experience for a diversified portfolio of clients
- Providing exceptional bookkeeping services to our clients and internal bookkeeping solutions to our client-facing bookkeepers
- Managing client communications and customer sucess (phone, email, or software messaging)
- Troubleshooting service-related problems and adapting to the needs of your client portfolio
- At least 2 years of experience in accounting and payroll management with strong Microsoft Excel Skills
- Have a post-secondary degree in accounting, business, or mathematics (preferred but not required)
- Have experience in customer service and relationship management
- Have an articulate phone and written presence
- High degree of ownership and commitment to work quickly and accurately in a rapidly changing environment.
- $40,000 - $55,000 annually
- Comprehensive benefits
- The opportunity to make an impact at an early-stage startup
- Flexible hours and work from home
- Regular free team meals and snacks
- A great group of people to learn and grow with!
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Knit People will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require an accommodation, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.