Business Development Representative
At Knit, we believe that people are the key drivers of success. That’s why we put people first and help Canadian businesses do the same by weaving payroll, HR, and benefits, into one unified platform.
Our Business Development Representative (BDR) is the first contact new leads will have with Knit. The BDR is responsible for educating new leads on the benefit of Knit with the objective of getting them to schedule a demo with an Account Executive (AE). The BDR will support the AE through the entire sales lifecycle and will have the opportunity to contribute to all areas of the sales organization, including working closely with management.
The successful candidate will be results-oriented and dedicated to team success. As a BDR you will be a quick learner, able to multi task and metrics driven. You will be self motivated, take ownership of this role and always be looking for ways to enhance productivity.
- Qualify and generate new prospects
- Prioritize and organize the lead pipeline for maximum efficiency on a daily basis
- Set up meetings
- Ensure all sales activities are recorded, tracked and accurate in Salesforce
- Work as a team to deliver the best customer experience at all times
Who will be successful in this role?
- Someone who loves to win and hustles to ensure success; who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and doesn't fade under pressure
- A life-long learner who prioritizes learning and development and wants to get better everyday
- A strategic thinker and problem-solver who can overcome challenges, on-the-fly, in a thoughtful and meaningful way
- A team player who understands that sales & marketing is a team sport and, in order to build something special, we need to make each other better
- A person of high integrity; who gets things done while also doing it the right way with a customer-first attitude
- An advocate with a passion for people & culture, health & wellness and driving innovation
- Ideally minimum 1-2 years experience in a start up, ideally in a SaaS company (nice to have but not necessary - new grads wanting a career in sales would be great!
- Super smart and eagerness to learn as much as you can every single day
- University degree or alternative continuing education
- Highly organized with ability to multi task, prioritize time while maintaining attention to detail
- Passionate about sales, software, mobile and technology
- High energy and always have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly motivated and results driven and has worked towards quotas and killed them
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal (emoji written skills excluded)
- Fast learner - you can independently solve problems most times through research and hustle; You continually strive to be better than the day before
- Entrepreneurial - You work hard, like winning, and can do a heck of a lot with a little
- Analytical - You love testing things to see what works and don't settle for status quo and always in search of ways to improve process
- Proficient and experience with CRM tools, LinkedIn, HubSpot and other leading sales automation tools . (nice to have -or- so smart you can learn quickly!)
- Self starter - you take ownership of your work and every part of your life
- Team player - you believe you can achieve more on a team: the whole is greater than the sum of its parts
- $35,00 - $55,000
- Equity 0.1 - 0.5%
- Comprehensive benefits
- The opportunity to make an impact at an early-stage startup
- Flexible hours with the opportunity to work occasionally from home
- Regular catered team lunches and snacks
- Work with some amazing people in a super-fun office!